Sports in SKA

Kayla Frenkel

As great as it is attending SKA, sometimes high school can be tough. Sports is a great way to relieve stress, meet new friends, and have a good time. The hockey team, for example, is a great team. However, I am a little biased. I’ve been on the hockey team since ninth grade and this year, I am the captain of the team. I have come this far because of my amazing teammates and coaches. My teammates are my good friends and it is a lot of fun to play with them. 

When one joins a team here at SKA, they immediately become part of a new family and continue to grow tremendously. I asked a couple of my fellow students about this matter. When I asked Hannah Lewin, she responded saying, “When I joined the team I felt a sense of belonging.” Another one of my peers, Atara Sicklick, said, “Joining the basketball team was great! It is such a warm and loving team. I am very happy to be apart of it!” When I joined the hockey team, I was greeted with smiles. The upperclassmen were really nice and warm. They all opened up to me and made me feel accepted right away. 

Sports is a great way to get involved in the SKA student body. Becoming friends with girls from different grades, elementary schools, and backgrounds, is an extremely important aspect of high school. Sitting in a classroom for about 8 hours a day can definitely be overbearing, at times. But, when there is a sports opportunity after school that a student can look forward to, it helps enhance the physical, mental and educational well-being of this high school students life.