The Impact of Gun Violence on our Society

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gun control. Doesn’t everyone think that it is about time that laws are made about gun control? Over the past year alone, there have been multiple issues regarding guns that cost people their lives and caused harm and pain to many. It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone has the opportunity to go out and buy a gun – a gun that can kill someone and take innocent people’s lives!

This has to be put to an end. After the recent incident in Parkland, Florida where 17 high school students were killed by a sick boy, how is it that there are still no bills being passed? How is it that there has been no improvement?

This specific incident hits closer to home because not only were innocent lives taken away, but the lives that were taken were lives of high school students, teenagers, people who didn’t get to live a full life, people who didn’t get to see and experience the world.

People should be scared because with no gun control, who knows when or where the next shooting will take place?

The National School Walkout took place on Wednesday, March 14 and the March for Our Lives on March 24. Students around the country took a couple of minutes out of their day to pay respect to the 17 lives that were lost just a couple of months ago. Although we are living in a scary time, it is comforting to see and know that no matter who was killed, everyone in this country cares, supports, and will do anything to remember and recognize the people who lost their lives that day.